Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Writer Block... it sucks. Or maybe it's the growing baby in my belly that sucks (not really) but ever since I got pregnant I haven't felt the slightest bit creative. I'll open up a journal or a notebook and stare at the blank pages... and they haunt me. Nothing drives me up the wall more than a blank piece of paper. It's just not normal, paper was made to be written on. But lately... nada... nothing... and I just want to pull my hair out. I want to scream to the heavens or beg for creative to strike me.

Maybe this blog will help?

Hopefully?

Please?

Ahhhh...

I just hit my 16 week mark today and according to www.pregnancy.com , my baby (girl or boy) will double in weight and length this week (YAY!). Which means more pushing and stretching in my belly, more ripped stomach muscles and more pain.

Ah, the joys of motherhood, huh? ;)

I've got a DR appointment on Tuesday and I'm praying for the identification of sex. I'm DYING, dying I tell you, to buy something... anything!

I'm also dying for a home... ever since my husband and I left FL two months ago we've been some wandering fools. We've gone everywhere from FL to SC to MO to NC... It's exhausting (and expensive, mind you). I want a place to start nesting, to start decorating... a comfortable bed that is MINE. I'm ready for hot showers every night, food whenever I want or need it. I'm ready for a place to park my ever growing ass and enjoy my own furniture... is that too much to ask?

Apparently so.

We'll be heading to FL in four days to figure out what to do with our new lives... my Mother is begging us not to stay in FL. She wants us in SC, where she can watch me get bigger and order us around (don't you just love mothers?). My husband would shoot me if I suggested we stay. The truth is, I'm a FL girl. I LOVE scourching heat, sun, sand and flip flops. I'm a native as well as my husband and we need that humidity to breathe properly. Just don't tell that to my mother, who still thinks that I'm her youngest daughter and at 26 still needs her direction.

Any suggestions on how to polietly tell her to back off?

1 Comments:

At 5:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for blogger! Get a home and an internet already! Where's all your stuff? in storage?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home