Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ode To Chocolate Raisins

Ode To Chocolate Raisins
So Yummy and Sweet
You Melt in My Mouth

Until I eat all of you?

I've never been any good at poetry... Actually, I don't get it, never have... Me, an English Major. HA. Don't tell my professors that one!

Anyways, I've been thinking lately about what to do with my future. I want to do something to help people. I want to go back to school and continue my education, get my graduate degree in... something. Originally I was going to go back to Rollins and get my masters in liberal studies, but honestly, I already have a degree I'm not doing anything with... and I'm afraid if I went back for that, which I do want, I don't think it would lead to a profitable job. I mean, look at how our economy is! I can't get a job with the degree I have, who would hire me with a Masters in Liberal Studies?

My dream job is teaching... teaching creative writing at a community college. UCF has a creative writing masters, but... but...

The idea of nursing went through my mind, specifically pediatrics. But my husband told me (and I agree) that he doesn't know if I could handle not becoming attached and when something bad happen, it would devastate me... and it would, god, it would...

So he suggested law... and it would be helpful to the community. It would... but would I be any good at it? And another thing is, there are no decent law schools around here, closest I found was Gulfport... and that's too far, unless we move the family.

I really do want to go back to school, but first I need to figure out what for.

Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home