Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Girls Night Out

Last night we had a girls night out... complete with Mommy Guilt!!

I met up with one of my girlfriends last night and we went to dinner at a great pizza place in Lake Mary. As always, we chit chatted about everything under the sun (and then some). It was fabulous. She and I can talk, talk, talk and talk! And we did. Afterwards, we met up with two other friends and headed to the movies to see SEX AND THE CITY!!

I am a die-hard fan of SATC. I am guilty of having watch the ENTIRE series numerous times and I still watch the edited versions on TV sometimes. I've watched it so much, my husband even knows the story lines.

Two out of the three friends had never seen an episode, so I was quite excited to see the movie with them and share it with them.

And let me tell you... it did not disappoint!

The movie was F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S.

I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more... and cried some more.

It had everything I wanted in a movie. Nothing pleases me more than a movie that takes me on an emotional roller coaster, complete with gasps of shock and sadness. I love becoming involved with characters and experiencing their world.

Happily, my two friends enjoyed it a lot and were pleased with the movie.

Score!

Of course, the whole time I was gone I missed my daughter like crazy. I hadn't been without her for that long in... well, never!! The minute the movie let out I was heading home, skipping all the b.s.ing we normally do when we all get together. I needed to see my girl and make sure she wasn't hexing me for leaving her.

After getting home and running through the house, ignoring the dogs and anyone else in my way, I found her watching cartoons with Daddy and when she saw me... she gave me the biggest smile... I admit it, I'm a sap, I cried I was so happy to see her.

I'm a sucker for her, can't help it. :)

So my first official girls night out went well... I'm glad I did it... Of course, who knows when I'll be able to pull myself away to do it again. Maybe in 10 years?

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home