Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Summertime Memories

For most people, summertime is marked by warm weather rolling in after long wintery days or the sight of everything changing from stark boring white to vibrant colors. For me, summertime is marked by the calendar and nothing else... simply because I am lucky enough to live in Florida, the Sunshine State, where it is always summer... always.

But I love it... absolutely love it. Love it so much I refuse to leave.

A cool new website I found (new to me) The Parents Bloggers Network and Huggies are teaming up and encouraging families to share their favorite summertime memories (sorry about the links, I'm a tech failure). So I thought I'd share with you my favorite memory.

It happens pretty much everyday, and when I say everyday, I mean everyday (good thing it's cute, huh?). My daughter is a Pieces symbol and it rings true for her. She spies water, she's after it like a shot out of a cannon. Her favorite toy of choice: the hose. So everyday after we finish cleaning the horse stalls, I change her into her Huggies Swimmer Pants and we wander over to her favorite wash rack (yes, it's clean!!). The second she catches a glimpse of the hose she starts to toddle as fast as her chubby little legs will let her and she snatches the hose up. She gestures to me with the hose, her eyes pleading with me to TURN IT ON NOW!!!! I happily oblige and the fun begins! She giggles and screams joyfully as the water splurges out and all over her.

Normally, I try to keep out of the line of fire but her happiness is so infectious that you can't help but join in. She splishes and splashes until the sun is about to dip below the horizon line and she is carried away to warm up.

These memories of her, I keep close to my heart and add them to my Never Want To Forget compartment... simply b/c I never want to forget these special summertime memories.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home