Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Sunday, October 22, 2006

One Down... Many To Go

Friday night I experienced my first ever "you're pregnant and can't do what we can do" episode.

So here's the jist. I went and got my nails done with two of my very best girlfriends and was under the impression we would either grab dinner afterwards or hit the stores.

So I join them at the nail salon, have a wonderful experience and while we're all in our chairs getting our toes done, I ask what was on the agenda for the evening, maybe dinner?

The both turn to one another and start talking about bars they want to go to and yada yada yada. Okay, I think... maybe they're just chit chatting.

So after we're all done, they mention the bars again and by now I'm frustrated, simply b/c I'd been out of town for 8 friggin' weeks and all I wanted to do was get together with them and hang out. Do the girlie stuff we're known for and catch up.

We departed ways with promises of calls and whatnot.

About eight o'clock I get the call:

"I know you've got that whole pregnancy thing going on, but... we're going to the bar. You're welcome to come, but..."

Yeah, I got the hint.

Then came the next blow:

"But tell Mr. SuZ and maybe he'll come up and hang out with us?"

'Cuse me?

You don't want to hang out with me in a preggo-friendly environment, yet you want my husband to drop me and hang out with you?

Is it me, or is this insane for even mentioning?

Not that I have a big deal about my husband hanging out with my friends, no big deal, does it all the time... but come on? I'm pregnant now, we're a package deal.

*rolls eyes*

Am I coming off as pyscho? Paranoid? An idiot pregnant woman?

My feelings were just really hurt, b/c I really wanted to hang out with them and I got dumped.

Woe is me.

1 Comments:

At 12:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole being pregnant thing when everyone around you isn't really sucks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home