Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Friday, December 29, 2006

Mama Drama Continues

So talking to my mom the other day, things were going well. I was updating her on my latest doctors appointment (which went smashing! I've only gained 3 pounds, I passed the diabetes test and everything is right on track!) when she started asking me about the house hunting and how it was going.

Great! I told her, but that my realtor was enjoying the holidays and that we'd get back in touch in the new years. (for those who don't know, we're staying at my hubby's grandpa's until we find a new place to purchase). I didn't think much of it until she started in on me about my husband. Was he helping me look for a place? Was he working much?

Now, I know a mother is always concerned about her children and all that hoopla, but when she starts in on me about my husband, it rakes my nerves. I told her that yes, he was helping but he didn't really need to, that's why I hired a realtor... and yes, he was working, that he actually is very very very busy doing photo shoots and editing photos. She just wouldn't let it drop, she started in on me about finding a house, that I can't have the baby where we're staying and that my father is irritated and that if I don't have a house by the time the baby comes that I'm going to have to take the baby and move up to her house in SC.

Excuse me?

Just picture me sitting in my truck absolutely SPEECHLESS!

Yeah, b/c that was me. I was dumbfounded. Did she seriously just suggest, no no not suggest, demand that I abandon my husband and take his first born and move to her house?

Was she smoking crack?

After I recovered from my shock, anger took over. "What about my husband? Remember him?"

She insisted that we couldn't continue to live here at the house and that is wasn't right to raise our baby here. I told her to chill, honestly. I told her to quit worrying, that I am not abandoning my husband to move up there, that I'm happy where I am and we will find a house.

She insisted that she's just worried about me, but she has no reason to worry about me. My husband has never failed me, and he will get me a house by the time the baby comes. That he is doing a great job of taking care of me and she needs to quit worrying about me and put all her energy into knitting booties or something.

I know a few of you are saying that she's just my mother and worrying is what mothers do, but I know for a fact that mothers (at least I expect this) are supposed to be supportive and not suggest leaving your husband. For her to even suggest that boils my blood... and still three days later gets me going and pissed off.

*rolls eyes* I think she's just lost her damn mind... anyone know where I can get her a new one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home