Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Mom Update

She finally called me today. I missed her call and listened to her voice mail before I called her back. She was calling about my doctor's appointment and about our Christmas plans. So I call her back and her tone isn't the warmest, but apparently she's trying. We chit-chatted for a minute or two, I informed her about my doctors appointment and me switching insurance and blah blah blah. She asked about Christmas and when I told her our plans (Christmas Eve in FL and driving up to SC on Christmas day), she seemed kinda irritated. Like, she didn't approve... but whatever. My brother and his wife do that same thing, Christmas Eve with her folks and they drive to my parents on Christmas day. Why is it okay for them, but for us she gets an attitude?

Okay, maybe not attitude but she brings up some bullshit about me asking mjy doctor if it's okay for me to travel like that... Huh? Why wouldn't it be okay for me to travel like that? It's a stinkin' five hour drive! What difference would it make if I did it on Christmas day or three days before?

*rolls eyes*

But as my friend Nicole says, baby steps... baby steps.

At least she called... she put in the effort.

And so did I. I didn't tell her she was an idiot. I didn't yell at her. I was calm and cool.

Of course, I vent here to you... but she doesn't know about that. :) :) :)

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You do what you can. :) Call me if you need to.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home