Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Love Thy Mother?

You know that I have "issues" with my mother... here's another that sprouted up last week... I was on the phone with her and both of us were getting along so great. We were discussing my strained relationship with my friends, my weight gain, and all that good stuff. Until she asked about me coming up the following week for the doctor's appointment I'd made. Now, I'd gone down to my doctor's here in FL and found out that they would take my SC insurance, so I made an appointment not really feeling the need to drive all the way to SC just to have a quick checkup. Makes sense, right? So I tell her that I won't be driving up for that very reason. All of a sudden, her side of the call goes silent and I feel the dread building inside of me... She askes me, "Are you not going to have the baby up here??" Um, hello? Why would I have my baby in SC if I could have it here, in FL, where I live? I tell her this and she gets all huffy in her pissed off way telling me, "I hope you know what you're doing." This not only stuns me, it pisses me off. Of course I know what I'm doing, I'm going to have my baby here, in FL, at one of the best women's hospitals in the nation! Do I know what I'm doing? YES!! She stayed quiet after that and so I ended the call... I called her again today to discuss my swollen feet and first off she didn't answer her phone, my Dad did... I can just picture her seeing my name on the caller ID and refusing to answer it... I did talk to her and she was all snobby to me telling me to ask my doctor about it... *rolls eyes* When is she going to realize that I'm a grown up and I make my own decisions and just because she wants one thing doesn't mean she gets it? Why does she have to make such a big deal that I'm down here, that I'm doing my own thing? I'm 26, married and pregnant, doesn't that kinda give it away that I can make my own decisions in life? Doesn't it? Or is it that she wants to control my life the way she does my sisters? It's so frustrating, especially b/c this is supposed to be a happy time in my life. I'm supposed to have her full love and support! Egh, like I needed this... I won't be seeing her until Christmas, maybe it'll give her some damn time to get over herself... What do you think? Sorry there aren't any breaks in my post, my keyboard is being bitchy and refusing to allow me to add them... Have a great week!

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Suz, I'm so sorry. That really stinks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home