Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Another Day in Paradise

I remember when I used to work 40 hours a week and go to school full time at night, I used to complain (!!) about how bad I wanted to quit working and finish school and do nothing but write all day long...

Well, now my dream has come true with one exception.

I can't write crap.

I finished my degree, I quit my job, I get to sit at home all day long and watch bad (bad, bad, bad) TV and I can't wrap my fingers around a pen and force the words out.

Once again, I blame this writer's block on the little peanut growing in my belly... I tried the other night and was successful at pouring out over 600 words for a new chick lit novel I've been thinking about... but the next morning, the sight of my computer made my stomach roll. I just couldn't do it! My husband doesn't understand and laughs at me... well, I laugh at him (just b/c I can).

Maybe once she pops out it'll all come rushing back to me... of course by that time I'll be so damn tired and busy I'll only be able to jot down ideas on post it notes.

Anyhoo...

Baby Shower #1 is this weekend. A house full of relatives and friends and CAKE! I'm excited. I just hope I can find enough chairs for everyone.

Wish me luck.

Ta Ta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home