Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Monday, June 09, 2008

Pissed Off At A So Called "Friend"

Okay, so I have two best girlfriends who I've been best friends with for over ten years. We've gone through everything together, ups and downs, lots of fights, lots of love, etc... Over a year ago, we decided to include a friend of a friend b/c she wanted some closer girlfriends.

At the time, I was thrilled. I did my best to include this friend. But try as I might she was uncomfortable with the dynamic that myself and two other friends had created. She felt left out, wanted us to always be there to make it all better and whatnot. When we had huge get togethers, parties, whatever, she wanted us to stick by her side and do everything for her. Make the conversation and whatnot.

Now, I know I sound bad. But in my defense, I tried really hard. But our huge group of friends doesn't roll that way. We don't send out professional invites to our parties (we go with word of mouth), we don't cater to certain needs or wants. We believe that if you want something, do it. If you want to be included, come over. If you need something, take it! This sort of realtionship we all share works for us, it's taken us ten years to perfect it and it works!

The three of us are so understanding of each other and we know our ins and outs, we know the other's SO, we just know everything... and I admit, that's hard to break into...but I tried to help her fit in... it was just so time consuming, it took so much energy...

And on top of everything... when I was with this "friend" she immediately would start bitching about the other girls and vice versa. It was such an emotional drain to be around her.

The breaking point was our girls night out last Friday... I finally managed to build up the strength to go out for a night without my baby girl. So myself and one of the best friends, K, rode together and the "friend," T, rode with the other best friend, B.

Myself and K had dinner and caught up on everything, we were having sooooo much fun. And then the others show up and immediately we feel a tension building. Which sucks b/c I don't like having tension with my best friends... and it was only b/c of her. Inside I felt I had to let her monopolize B b/c I know she's not the best fan of K. So K and I sat together and talked letting them do their thing.

We went to see a movie and during the movie, T sat between me and B, which sucks b/c I like sitting next to B so she and I can gossip.

Is this confusing yet?

Anyways, after our movie we all stood around and chit chatted, but yet again there was this tension. Parting ways, I knew knew T would talk about me... and today I got the emailing confirming it.

The email also confirmed that I wasn't the only one feeling the tension and the three of us decided that we weren't going to includeT in any of our plans anymore... It's too much and while we decided if she were at a group event (very unlikely), that we wouldn't ignore her... but she shouldn't be involved in any of our girls nights... She pushes us apart when we don't want that...

So I'm just irritated that we tried so hard... and the end result sucks.

But we tried, god, did we try...

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes you just don't click with people. All you can do it give it a good try. I've known people like that. Life's too short though to be friends with someone that brings you down. Out with the drama!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home