Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ups and Downs

The best thing about pregnancy is the ups and downs it throws you.

One minute, I'm fine... perfectly fine and the next, I'm blowing my top and in tears. Yesterday the toilet overflowed and I couldn't find the value to turn it off, so after tracking down the hubby I found it and while I was mopping up toilet water from the bedroom floor, the tears just wouldn't stop... I was a mess for a good solid 15 minutes.

Or there was the time when the dogs wouldn't listen to me and darted out of the house, jumped in my truck, trampled all over Mr. SuZ's photo props and then proceeded to ignore me as I tried to drag them out of the truck... I was pissed for an hour about that one.

Or what about the book I read yesterday that had me in an emotional turmoil for the first 150 pages?

Sheesh... I am a mess, huh?

But I'm growing a life inside of me... My husband and I have created a person and he/she is moving around in my belly letting me keep it safe until it's ready to meet the world. :)

*sigh*

When you think about those kinds of emotions, the good ones that make you smile and feel all warm and mushy inside... that's when the tears and the anger slip away and put your world back on its axis.

1 Comments:

At 6:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember one afternoon I was reading The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy and one section had me so tiggled that it got out of hand and then I was crying. Larry thought I had lost it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home