Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Friday, January 12, 2007

*Crosses Fingers*

Today started out as a bad day... nothing in particular had happened. I just woke up in a funky mood, irritated about our living situation and the lack of space available to hold my baby shower at (I met with the girls last night and somehow told them I'd find a place to have it and pay for my baby shower). So I wasn't in the best of moods when as I ate my cheerios.

So I decided to get out of the house for awhile, maybe take a drive and figure out where I could live and where I could host a baby shower. Mr. SuZ came along and we ended up driving thru this historic town that we've always loved... just simply loved for the history, the art and the culture. We'd tried to buy into the area three years ago and the deal on the two houses we wanted fell through. I was hoping I could find a cute little house to rent in the area and one of my problems would be solved.

Then I turned and found a cute little house for sale. I jotted down the number to the realtor just for shits and giggles (don't you love that expression?) and gave her a call. She gave me a number that gave me pause, "Really? That's it?"

"Yes, would you like to see it? I'm in the area."

I quickly manuvered a u-turn and made my way back to the cutest little house on the street.

And when I walked in, I fell in love... L-O-V-E!!

It was tiny, yes, very tiny but it was perfect!!!! Charming, quant, in the right area, the right price and even better the owner was MOTIVATED!!! Turns out she was moving to LA and needed to unload her houses... *waves hand in the air* I'll buy it!

We called up my realtor, made an appointment to do a contract and half an hour ago we faxed over an offer. Now I sit here with fingers crossed, praying she accepts it! This would solve both my problems; I'd have a house to live in and a place to throw my baby shower!

So cross your fingers for me...

Have a great night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home