Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Monday, January 15, 2007

First: ECK! Second: Awwww!

I took a tour of the hospital where I'll be delivering this morning. I dragged Mr. SuZ out of bed early and took him with me. I was kinda nervous about it only b/c seeing the hospital makes it even more real than it already is. And I was right... they whipped us up the elevators to the second floor (Labor & Delivery) and as I was standing there against the wall in a line with the other preggo women, I got a queasy feeling in my tummy.

Nerves.

Then I started to ponder those nerves and what really happens on the other side of those big double doors and found myself reaching for Mr. SuZ's hand. I know the whole process of babies and I know that in the end, they come out. I'm not terribly worried, but just really nervous. I can't help it!

I tried to push this feeling away as we continued the tour, but it persisted until we reached the next floor.

The Nursery.

Then I just melted... melted into a big gloopy puddle on the floor. It was just like the show it in the movies, you walk up to this big glass window and spread out before you are a dozen babies. Seeing them made me forget all this nervousness and worry. It seeped out of my bones like it never existed and I found myself tearing up...

This is real.

She is real.

I can handle this... I mean, come on (!!) look at the remarkable outcome of the journey. A sweet, precious baby that smells so good and is oh so soft.

Now I can't wait! Bring it on doctor! I want my baby.

He He He.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home