Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Monday, January 22, 2007

The Way I See It

Sometimes things will hit me like a bolt of lightning. Something I didn't realize until that exact moment and when it does, it's like the skies opening up after a long storm and you see the light!

Well, okay, maybe not that drastic... but, it's eye opening.

I've discovered the methods to being pregnant and would like to share them with you (hopefully as more bolts of lightning strike, I'll keep you updated... unless the preggo brain kicks in and I forget).

1- The three trimesters of pregnancy can be broken up into the following catagories:
1st- Icky, sicky, what the F was I thinking, phase.
2nd- I can eat again... and eating is all I do, phase.
3rd- Glowing with greasiness, phase.

With my first trimester I wasn't necessarily sick (except for the one time with food poisoning and another incident with cinnamon toothpaste), but I felt horrible! If I didn't constantly fill my belly every four hours, I'd get this nasty, sick, "I want to puke but can't" feeling. It was nothing but saltine crackers and Sprite for days!!

The second trimester was wonderful! My appetite had returned. I wasn't feeling icky at all, and my cravings suddenly kicked into overtime! I wanted everything I could get my hands on: bacon, pancakes, pumpkin pie, chicken, salad, mac and cheese... you name it (except for pickles) I wanted it... and being the wonderful man he is, my husband got me whatever I wanted (hence the extra weight I'm ashamed of).

The third is still new for me since I just hit it three weeks ago, but I've noticed the "shotgun face" (acne) that plagued me (and shamed me) in the second trimester is gone... only to be replaced by a shiny complexion that rivals the Exxon-Valdez oil spill! Hopefully this will get better, not worse! I don't think I can take any more acne.

Ah, the joys of pregnancy.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just wait till afterwards when you hit the hair falling out by the handfuls stage. Fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home