Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Friday, February 23, 2007

Nerves of Steel... I think not.

My friend had her twin girls this morning @ 4:45 am. One of them had fluids in her lungs and they had to put her on oxygen... then they decided to transport her to another hospital b/c she wasn't doing so well. Poor girl... poor mom.

I can't imagine going through that... but I have to b/c in three weeks my due date is here and my daughter could end up having problems (*knock on wood*). It's so damn scary to think about... and it makes my nerves go cold. There's no way you can predict what will happen when your baby is born...

I wasn't really scared or nervous about giving birth up until now... The realization is starting to hit me and I'm doing my best to keep my calm...

Egh, any advice? Suggestions? Relaxation methods?

1 Comments:

At 9:24 AM , Blogger impromptublogger said...

I'm just "passing through" but I understand how nervous you must feel. I have an almost 11-year-old daughter, and we had a scare before she was born because a tech read an ultrasound wrong. Everything was fine and she is a bright, happy kid. But actually you will never completely relax, but it does get better as they get older. When she was little I also worried about autism, since my late best friend has a son with autism.

Labor of course is scary too, unless you are dead set on it, go for the drugs!

Best of luck to you, and may be you have a happy healthy baby.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home