Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Guilty Mommy

Today while I was piling shavings (for the horse stalls) into the back of the golf cart, Roo was running around the area doing what she normally does.

Playing with the chain on the gate: Check.

Smooshing shavings between fingers: Check.

Running away from Mommy: Check.

It always takes me ten times longer to fill the cart when she's with me. It takes me so long because everytime I turn around, she runs away.

But that's not the point of this story. The point of today's story is that while I was working, Roo climbed into the golf cart and began to play with all the no-no stuff that's stored in the cubby-holes. With every scoop of shavings, I was calling out to her to be careful (Yeah, I know she's only 15 months and DOES NOT understand what I'm saying, but it makes me feel better). After a few shouts, I noticed she had stood up and was eyeing the ground.

Being me, I dropped the shovel mid-scoop and went her way... but apparently I am not fast enough, she tumbled off the golf cart before I could get to her... and slammed her head into the metal gate.

BAM!

Oh, she hit the ground and CRIED CRIED CRIED.

I felt sooo bad! I knew what was going to happen, but I was too damned slow to get to her in time. :( Now my baby has a deep purple bruise on her cheek (right by her eye!!). She was so upset and so was I.

I always get this was when she falls (and she FALLS). I know it's the way of a child, they're exploring unknowingly and accidents happen... I know this, but it doesn't stop my guilt at not being there for her.

She stopped crying after 15 minutes and let me hold her and cuddle with her.

Another 15 minutes later, she was pushing a broom around the barns without a care in the world.

Atleast she recovers nicely.

1 Comments:

At 7:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's a good thing kids are made of rubber! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home