Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Bugger.

I'm having sort of a bad day... well, not bad really, just gloomy.

So be prepared for a whinny entry. :)

Lately I've just been feeling really... needy. Like, I want my husband to hang out with me more, or I want my friends to call and check up on me. I just want some attention, but the sad thing is I spend most of my day alone, or with my dogs. Mr. SuZ is always trotting off to hang out with friends or do photo stuff and honestly doesn't want me with him. My friends have work and even after work my cell phone never rings. Maybe it's just a pregnancy hormone reeking havoc in my life at the moment, but I need to be coddled. I need to be attended to. You'd think my husband would be there, but he's got things he wants to do and doesn't want his hanger on of a wife to tag along...

Normally, I wouldn't care if he wants to hang out with his friends or be by himself, that's cool. I'm a cool wife, I can handle that... but right now I need it. I need the hugs, the affection, everything. Even if it's just going to the post office together or watching boring TV, I want him by my side... but when he leaves me to go hang out with his brother or go talk to other people, I bother him with the question of "Why can't you hang out with me?"

I know he's a man, and men can be really daft, but COME ON!!! Can't you sympathize with me for just a few minutes here?

:(

And my friends... *rolls eyes* They never call... I have to hunt them down to get their attention, and normally they don't have time for me, or they've already got plans. It bothers me, it truly does, but what can I do about it?

On the positive side, I'm trying to find a group around town that I can hang out with... some sort of "Mommies to Be" group that can understand these horrid emotions that pour out of my soul... I've found a local yoga class and am going to sign up for a class next week. Hopefully I'll meet someone (s) to hang out with.

Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home