Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Saturday, November 11, 2006

It's a Girl!

I wanted to write this spectacular blog about what it felt like when the sonogram technician told me we were having a girl... but everytime I type up something, I find myself erasing it. Not that it's not fabulous and not that it wasn't a great moment in our lives, but I think the moment they told me it was a girl, I was more shocked than anything else.

A girl?

Not that a girl is bad, but it was a shock to me because this tiny little creature who just started poking around in my belly now had an identity. She was no longer it. It was a she! My husband and I swore that we didn't care about the sex of our baby, as long as it was healthy we didn't care.

Then I come to find out that my husband was rooting for a girl all along, I just melted. My big hunk of a husband, all tough nails and grit, wanted a girl . Hearing him tell me that just made it all the more precious.

Of course then hours later, it sunk in to him that he was going to have a daughter and he started thinking about all the teenage boys he knew and how he acted when he was a teenager and I swear three or four grey hairs poped up on his head... he he...

Another fantastic thing happening lately is the amazing feeling that I get when my daughter is moving around in my belly. It's the oddest feeling in the world but it's like she's pinching my inside skin and notifying me that she is indeed in there and she's a feisty one! I can be laying down watching TV or walking through the mall, and she'll want to share her fist and feet with me. I always stop, grab my belly and just smile...

And I want to squeal to the world that my daughter is bumping around on my insides. :) :) :)

Life is good.

1 Comments:

At 11:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, that's so sweet. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home