Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Decisions, decisions...

Today Mr. SuZ and I went looking for a place to live... property, house, townhome, whatever. We're ready to buy buy buy! We stumbled upon an advertisement in the paper about condos in a neighboring city and decided, why not... so we drove on over and were pleasantly surprised. Yes, it's one of those nasty converts from apartments to condos, but the whole property was nice to begin with, making it a condo just made it better. So we toured four units and all of them were very nice. They had two models with the whole upgrade package which I loved... but the upgrades took your price up 6K to 8K!

ECK!

Mr. SuZ said he could do all the work for me if I really wanted the upgrades that bad.

Speaking of bad, the one that is the cheapest is on the 3rd floor and is only 1/1... Now, you all know we have a baby on the way but honestly, does a baby really need her own room? Especially when you're buying this condo (if we buy it) as a layover until we find the property that we've been dying to get our hands on?

The whole condo is charming and while I have my eye on the most expensive of the bunch, I'll make the sacrifice for the smaller, cheaper, non upgraded one, if it makes Mr. SuZ happy... plus, I'll do anything to get out of living with my relatives at the moment... not that they aren't fabulous or anything, a girl just needs her space (especially when she's preggo!)...

So, we're still discussing the details, but Mr. SuZ seems up for living in a condo... We, of course, need to discuss this idea with our two dogs and see if they would mind giving up 24 acres of freedom for a cramped apartment... Hmmmmm.

Tomorrow we'll contact our mortgage broker and see if she can provide a better deal than the condo company is providing... I wonder if everything goes well if we can move in ASAP? Or do you think it's a standard 30 closing period? If it is, then that puts us moving in right at Xmas...

What do you think? Does it sound good?

Oh, on a side note we went and saw jet funny cars last night and while they hauled ass past me at 300 mph, my daughter decided she didn't like the vibrations and pitched a kicking fit inside of me... :) Feisty little booger, I tell you.

Have a great weekend, or what's left of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home