Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I'm Taking A Poll

Is it wrong for a person to tell someone in advance about certain "requests" they have? Like at Christmas, kids (and some adults) make lists of things they'd like to receive as gifts and mail them to Santa. The same with birthday lists, or grocery lists. Here is something I'd like to have, I've written it down for you... doesn't seem like too much, right? And why do people do this? B/C if they didn't, they wouldn't get what they wanted.

Well, I did this. I sat my friend down when she mentioned wanting to throw a baby shower for me and told her, I wanted a certain type of invitation, I wanted this and I wanted that.

No big deal right, especially since she agreed and accepted my offer of financial support.

Apparently not.

Today I get this long winded email stating that I was being too demanding and my constant questions/concerns were making the event less special... Oh, and she jabbed at me that it was costing her so much money to give me what I wanted.

I fired back in my pissed off state, so who knows what will happen now.

God forbid, I try and help with my own baby shower. God forbid, I offer to pay for it... God forbid, God forbid.

And to top all of this off, she ruined my fucking lunch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home