Just Call Me Mommy

Life as a Mommy

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Day in the Sun

I'm currently sitting under the biggest oak tree on our property, listening to the windmill whirl, the birds chirping and the wind blowing. The sun is shining, it's the perfect temperature and I'm on the internet... Does life get any better than this?

I think not.

:)

Friday morning my friend delivered her twin girls and yesterday we went and saw them... well, we only saw one b/c the bigger of the two is in the NICU b/c she stopped breathing once she came out (can you say scary?). But we did get to drool over the tiny one (Baby A) through the nursery windows and hang out with the mama for a few minutes. I was a bit worried that going to the hospital would freak me out and I'd have a panic attack from the nerves. But I did pretty good. Mama was sitting up in the hospital bed, eating her lunch, yakking with all her vistors without a care in the world. Now I think if she would've been laid up in bed, moaning about the pain or this and that, then I would've had a problem, but since she wasn't, I didn't.

I mean, I have less than 20 days until the little squirt comes out... and I have to admit, my nerves are being tested b/c I'm scared. Nervous abouot becoming a parent, nervous about the whole procedure, nervous about life beyond being pregnant.

I know this is normal... what mother doesn't go through this (besides veterans?). It's totally okay for me to panic, just a bit... I know the night before the surgery will be meltdown time, but I'm positive that Mr. SuZ can keep me calm, right? :D

*sigh*

Less than 20 days... less than 20 days.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Even veterans get nervous. :) You'll be great.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home